V8 introductionMar 222021
Today I would like to introduce a new product called simply V8.
It is static Type 1 hypervisor for ARM64.
It relies on five pillars:
- Simplicity, namely core hypervisor code is below 8K LOC
- Predictability, all configuration is absolutely static and done at bootable image bind time
- Robustness, as the code follows the best coding practices and industry standards, V8 gives high resilience to handle potential error conditions
- Safety and security, coming from the architecture and product development lifecycle. All potential safety and security treats are transparently addressed in the design
- High performance, as a consequence of the pillars stated above, the V8 code gives very high boot performance and low operation expenses
Further information will be available soon.